Creating Scheduled Reports
You can schedule reports to run automatically at regular intervals. Emails are sent to selected recipients with a link to the report. You can choose to add a CSV or PDF attachment to the email.
To schedule a report, follow these steps:
- If you have already run a report, go to step 4.
- If not, from the Reveal navigation bar, choose Reports Recently Run.
- To open a report, click the Open this report icon for the report in the list you want to see.
- In the report, to open the Schedule Report window, click SCHEDULE.
- To schedule how often you want to run the report, select the checkbox beside Daily, Weekly, or Monthly. You can select more than one option.
- To set a time range, select a start and end time from the Include time range lists.
Note: This option is unavailable for some reports.
- Select the checkbox beside each day you want to include in the report and click Recipients.
- To select users to email the reports to, select the checkboxes beside their names.
By default, all users with Reveal profiles are displayed in the list. You can filter the list by clicking All Groups, and selecting a group from the list. You can send the report to a group by clicking GROUPS, and selecting a group from the list. To add users to Reveal, go to Create users in Reveal.
- To send the reports to people who are not in the user list, in the Additional Emails field, enter the email addresses, separated by commas.
- To attach a file to the report, select Attach a file in the format of and choose CSV or PDF from the list. If you do not attach a file, recipients can only view the report via a link in the email after they have entered their login details.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
Viewing and editing Scheduled Reports
To view your list of scheduled reports, in the Reports tab, click Scheduled Reports. The Scheduled Reports page displays the following columns:
- Creator: The name of the person who created the report.
- Report Name: The title of the report.
- Report Type: The type of report that is scheduled.
- Last run: The date and time when the report was last run.
- Format: How the report is to be emailed to recipients: LinkOnly, CSV, or PDF. Emails with a CSV or PDF attachment will also have a link. If you de-select CSV or PDF using the checkbox, the report will be sent only as a link.
- Status: Shows if a scheduled report is Active or Inactive. To change the status, select the checkbox in the Creator column and select Activate or Deactivate. An Inactive report will no longer run automatically. However, it will stay in the list and you can reactivate it later.
- Edit: To open the Scheduled Report window, click the pencil icon. In the Edit Scheduled Report tab, you can edit the Vehicle/Driver Selection, Report Options and Advanced Options. You can also make changes in the Frequency & Range and Recipients tabs.
- Delete: To delete a scheduled report, click the trash icon.