Assets are added to Reveal when a tracking unit is installed on powered or non-powered assets, such as trailers, diggers and cherry pickers.
Powered assets are not vehicles (but may appear on Live Map as vehicles).
Non-powered assets are any piece of equipment that does not have a starter motor / ignition / power source.
From the Asset List page, you can:
- View and edit asset information to help you identify the asset in Reveal.
- Add more asset details to improve the accuracy of reports.
- Add assets to groups.
- View the location history of your assets so you can see where the asset was at the time an incident occurred.
To open the Asset List, choose Account Profile > Admin > Assets > Asset List.
The Asset List page displays the following:
- Would you like to search for an asset?: Click the link to show the search field. To search, type the asset number or asset name, and press Enter.
- Export: To download the asset list to a spreadsheet, click the export icon.
- Asset #: The asset number is used to identify the asset in Reveal, and is created when the asset is registered on the system.
- Asset Name: The asset name is used to identify the asset in Reveal, and is created when the asset is registered on the system.
- Primary Group: If the asset is assigned to one or more groups, the primary group is listed here.
- Year and Make: The year and manufacturer of the asset.
- ESN: The Electronic Serial Number (ESN) is a unique number which identifies the tracking unit installed on an asset.
- Edit: Click the pencil icon to open the Edit Asset window.
You can change the display order of the asset list by clicking the column title. For example, to order the list by asset name, click Asset Name. To reverse the order, click Asset Name again.
To open the Edit Assets window, click the pencil icon next to the asset you want to edit.
On the Overview tab, you can edit the following fields and options:
- Upload: To upload an image of the asset, click Upload. In the pop-up window, click Browse, then select an image to upload. Adjust the image size if necessary, then click Save.
- Asset Name: By default, the ESN is used as the Asset Name. Change the default name to make it easier to search for and identify the asset in Reveal.
- Asset Number: Change the default Asset Number to make it easier to search for and identify the asset in Reveal.
- Notes: Here you can add additional information about the asset. For example, "This asset is no longer in use".
- Group Access: To add the asset to groups, click the Member of 0 Groups link. Use the check boxes to select the groups you want to add the asset to, then click Done.
- Location Update: Displays the date and time of the last update.
Location History tab
On the Location History tab, you can view the last fifty location updates of the asset including the date, time, and address of each update.
- Action: Displays the update type.
- Location: The address of the asset at the time of the update. To view the location on a map, click the address.
- Time and Date: The time and date of the update.