Default Roles and Permissions
Default roles contain predefined permissions for users in each role. We recommend that you use these roles in your organization, as they are designed to provide suitable access for employees in those job roles. However, if the default roles are not suitable, you can customize them, or create your own (In Reveal+).
In Reveal, the following roles are set up for you:
- All Functions
- Dispatch Manager
- Fleet Manager
- Safety Manager
For each feature, roles have the following preset permissions which determine the level of access for users in that role:
- None: The feature will be hidden from the user.
- View only: Users will see the feature, but cannot make any changes.
- Full access: Users can view and edit.
Note: Some permissions are unavailable for certain roles.
Roles and Permissions in Reveal+
If you have Reveal+, you can create and edit roles in Reveal, and set permissions for each role. Roles and permissions allow you to define how much access users have to a particular feature in Reveal. For example, you may want to hide some report types from users in the Dispatcher role, or allow users in the Analyst role to view, but not edit, Geofence Categories.
To open the Roles page, click your Account Profile, then select Admin. In the Users and Roles section, click the Manage Roles and Permissions link.
To edit an existing role, follow these steps:
- In the Edit existing tab, open the Choose a role drop-down list and select a role to edit.
- To rename the role, in the Name field, enter a new name.
- For each feature or option that you want to change, choose None, View only, or Full access. If you want to apply the same permission to all features in a Main Product Area, choose the button at the top of the list. For example, to hide all Sub Product areas in Places, in the Places row, select None.
- To finalize your changes, click Save at the bottom of the page. To exit without saving, click Cancel.
To create a new role, follow these steps:
- In the Roles page, select the Create new tab.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the role.
- If you want to copy the permissions from an existing role, open the Model After drop-down list and select a role. The permissions are imported from the selected role. You can change these permissions without affecting the original role.
- For each Sub Product Area you want to change, choose None, View only, or Full access. If you do not choose a permission, the system automatically chooses None.
- To finish creating the role, click Save. To exit without saving, click Cancel.
To delete a role, select the role from the Choose a role drop-down list in the Edit existing tab. At the bottom of the page, click Delete. Then, in the popup window, click OK.