Vehicles are added to Reveal by your installer during set up. From the Vehicle List page, you can:
- View and edit vehicle information to help you identify the vehicle in Reveal.
- Add more vehicle details to improve the accuracy of reports.
- Assign drivers to vehicles so you can see who was driving the vehicle at the time any incidents occurred.
- View a vehicle’s Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) history.
To open the Vehicle List, choose Account Profile > Admin > Vehicles > Vehicle List.
The Vehicle List page displays the following:
- Would you like to search for a vehicle?: Click the link to reveal the search field. To search, type the vehicle name or registration number and press Enter.
- Export: To download the vehicle list to a spreadsheet, click the export icon.
- Vehicle #:The vehicle number is used to identify the vehicle in Reveal, and is created automatically when the vehicle is registered on the system.
- Vehicle Name: The vehicle name is used to identify the vehicle in Reveal, and is created automatically when the vehicle is registered on the system.
- Registration #: Enter the vehicle's registration number.
- Current Driver: The driver currently assigned to the vehicle. This column will be blank if no driver is assigned.
- Primary Group: If the vehicle is assigned to one or more groups, the primary group is listed here. If a user has access to the primary group, they will also have access to all sub-groups of the primary group.
- Year and Make: The year and manufacturer of the vehicle.
- Edit: Click the pencil icon to open the Edit Vehicle window.
You can change the display order of the vehicle list by clicking the column title. For example, to order the list alphabetically by vehicle name, click Vehicle Name.
To open the Edit Window, click the pencil icon next to the vehicle you want to edit.
On the Details tab, you can edit the following fields and options:
- Upload: To upload an image of the vehicle, click Upload. In the pop-up window, click Browse, then select an image to upload. Adjust the image size if necessary, then click Save.
- Group access: To add the vehicle to groups, click the Member of # Groups link. Use the check boxes to select the groups you want to add the vehicle to, then click Done.
- Vehicle Name: Change the default name to make it easier to search for and identify the vehicle in Reveal. The vehicle name can only contain numbers and letters, up to a maximum of ten characters.
- Vehicle Number: Change the default vehicle number to make it easier to search for and identify the vehicle in Reveal.
- Registration #: This number must be unique.
- Current Odometer: To update the vehicle’s current odometer reading, click Change. Enter the current odometer reading. Use the calendar to select a time and date, then click Apply.
- Current Driver: To assign a driver to the vehicle, open the drop-down list and select a driver, then click Assign. This field will be blank if no driver is currently assigned. Assigned drivers are displayed in reports, so you can see who was driving the vehicle at the time any incidents occurred.
Note: If the lock icon is visible, you can open the vehicle list by clicking the lock icon.
- Key Fob Alarm: Enable or disable the key fob alarm by clicking Disable/Enable. This option will only be available if the administrator has enabled it.
- Hide from vehicle selections: Select this checkbox to hide the vehicle from filter list on Live Map.
Note: Here you can add additional information about the vehicle. For example, "This vehicle is no longer in use".
- Current hours of use: To change the current hours of use, click Change. Enter a duration (in minutes) and use the calendar to select a time and date, then click Apply.
To save your changes choose Save > Save.
Assignment History tab
In the Assignment History tab, you can view the vehicle’s driver assignment history and add a previous assignment.
To add a previous driver assignment, follow these steps:
- Open the Select Driver drop-down list and select a driver.
- To set the start date and time, click the Start Date field and select a date and time from the calendar. Repeat this step to select an end date and time.
- To apply the changes, click Assign.
Vehicle Information tab
On the Vehicle Information tab, add extra information to increase the accuracy of reports. You can edit the following fields and options:
- Vehicle size: Choose Light-Duty, Medium-Duty, or Heavy-Duty.
- Vehicle cost: Enter/edit the value of the vehicle.
- Cost per mile: By default, the settings are inherited from My Account > Account Preferences > Cost Assumptions. To set a different cost for this vehicle, clear the checkbox and enter a cost in the $ field.
- VIN: The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), is a unique 17-character code including a serial number used by the automotive industry to identify vehicles. Once you have entered the VIN, click Find. If the information is available, the following fields are automatically completed (if not, you can enter them manually):
Year: The year of manufacture vehicle.
Make: The manufacturer of the vehicle.
Model: The model of the vehicle.
Fuel Type: The fuel used by the vehicle - diesel or unleaded.
Fuel Tank Capacity: The capacity of the vehicle’s fuel tank.
Estimated Fuel Efficiency (City): The estimated fuel efficiency while driving in a city.
Estimated Fuel Efficiency (Highway): The estimated fuel efficiency while driving on a highway.
- Ignore idle time: To ignore idle time when a particular vehicle sensor is turned on, select the checkbox and choose a sensor from the drop-down list. While the selected sensor is on, the time will not be classified as idling.
To save your changes choose Save > Save.
DTC History tab
In the DTC history tab, you can view Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) for the selected vehicles. To search for a DTC, click Search by DTC that contains… In the search field, type a keyword, then click Search.