- How do I enable and disable Roadside Inspection Mode?
- How do I use the 'Graphs' tab in Roadside Inspection mode?
- How do I use the 'Events & Stops' tab in Roadside Inspection mode?
- How do I use the 'Driver' tab in Roadside Inspection mode?
- How do I download my logs in PDF format in Roadside Inspection mode?
- How do I email my logs to the FMCSA in Roadside Inspection mode?
Use Roadside Inspection mode
Roadside Inspection mode provides access to logs for FMCSA inspectors. The inspector can navigate between the current day and the previous seven days of logs.
The header of the Status Log screen displays a summary of your standard hours of service (HOS) data elements, including the total time spent in each status, daily mileage, and total hours on duty (daily and cycle). Select the chevron icon to close the summary.
The inspector cannot see your HOS log certification status.
Enable and disable Roadside Inspection mode
You must enable inspection mode before giving the device to the inspector.
To enable Roadside Inspection mode:
- On the Dashboard, select Logs.
- Select the Roadside Inspection Mode icon:
The icon changes color to indicate that Roadside Inspection mode is active.
To disable Roadside Inspection mode:
- On the Status Log screen, select the Roadside Inspection Mode icon and change the status.
- Enter your password and select Login.
The Graph tab displays a 24-hour timeline of your activity on a single date. The graph runs from midnight to midnight.
By reading the graph from left to right, the inspector can view your status at a given time and the duration of that status. The vertical axis tracks the different statuses. The horizontal axis tracks time.
Special driving conditions (Yard Moves and Personal Use) are marked with a white dotted line on the graph. A legend to explain these conditions is also displayed.
Events & Stops tab
The Events & Stops tab lists the time and location at which each status in the 24-hour log period occurred.
In Roadside Inspection mode, the Events & Stops tab displays additional events that are not displayed in normal mode. The inspector can review status changes, diagnostic events, and unidentified miles associated with the connected vehicle.
The inspector can cause an entry to display additional information by selecting the chevron, including the following:
- Event code
- Event record status
- Trailer number
- Shipping reference
The Driver tab displays the driver details for the 24-hour log period, including the driver name, license number, carrier name and location, and US DOT number.
Download log as PDF
You can download a copy of your HOS logs for the past eight days for the inspector:
- On the Status Log screen, select the download icon:
- Select Printer friendly version (PDF).
- Save the PDF to the device.
Send log to the FMCSA by email
You can send a copy of your HOS logs for the past eight days to the inspector:
- Select the download icon:
- Select Send Logs to FMCSA.
- Enter a comment.
- By default, the app sends by web transfer. If this what you want to do, select Send.
- Alternatively, to send logs by email, select More Options, then Send Via Email, then Send.