The following instructions are for a Verizon Connect plug and play tracking device. If you have a wired device, contact support and we will organize a professional installation.
Before you begin
- Move the vehicle to an area with good GPS coverage and with a clear view of the sky.
- Switch the vehicle’s engine off.
- Download the Reveal Manager app from:
Installing the device
- Locate the vehicle’s diagnostic port (ODB-II).
The port is usually located under the dashboard or beneath the steering wheel column. If not located beneath the steering column, look for the port in the areas indicated in the image.
If you cannot find the port, check the vehicle owner’s manual.
- Log into the Reveal Manager app and choose Vehicle setup. You need this app to set up the vehicle in Reveal.
- If your device matches the device shown in the app, choose MY DEVICE LOOKS LIKE THIS.
If you have a different device, contact Verizon Connect to arrange professional installation.
- Use the app to scan the barcode that is located on the back of the device.
If you can’t scan the code, choose Manual input and enter the ESN or IMEI number.
- Plug the tracking unit into the ODB-II port.
- Start the engine and let the vehicle idle for 5 minutes. This will allow the device to acquire a GPS signal.
- When the device is recognized, choose CONNECT MY VEHICLE.
- While waiting for the unit to receive a GPS signal, enter the vehicle information including the following:
- Vehicle name
- License plate
- Odometer reading
- When the GPS signal is received, you will see your vehicle on the map with a pop-up that says Vehicle Connected.
- Choose Save and then Finish to complete the installation.